Saunas are small rooms that were originally developed by the Finnish, hundreds of years ago. Today, thanks to the advent of modern technology, there are many different forms of saunas available, using different types of heaters to produce either dry or wet heat. Today, one of the most popular types is the infrared sauna heater, which have been designed to increase comfort and positive health effects of using a sauna.
What Is an Infrared Sauna?
Most infrared saunas are relatively small wooden rooms, where infrared heaters are placed in various locations. The heaters provide you with the therapy, and the wood cladding of the room makes it look and feel like a sauna. However, the days of having an external fire to steam up the room are long gone. Instead, they provide heat directly to the body, which gives far more comfort. So much so, in fact, that people have been able to enjoy much longer sessions. A great benefit is also that many infrared sauna heaters are portable, which means you can place them in different parts of the sauna as per your own convenience.
Benefits of Infrared Saunas
The benefits of infrared saunas include:
- A stronger immune system.
- Relaxed muscles.
- Fatigue, stress, and pain relief.
- Giving you a cardio workout.
- Improving overall blood circulation.
- Burning calories, thereby controlling weight.
How to Buy an Infrared Sauna Heater
Because infrared sauna heaters are now so popular, there also seem to be thousands of different companies out there, particularly online, who seem to offer them, all of them claiming to be better than the next one. Hence, if you are on the market for a new heater, there are a few things you should look for in particular. These include:
- That the sauna heater is medically certified.
- That the sauna heater has been quality checked and meets safety standards.
- That the heater does not require a lot of assembly.
- That the sauna heater is the right size for your particular needs. The size is usually described in number of people, rather than size of room.
- That it has the right accessories and gadgets for your needs, like a sound system, although you must make sure to not get blinded by the gadgets.
- That the heater has a proper warranty.
There are a range of different sauna heaters available, including electrical ones and the more traditional wooden ones. Wood is, for many, the preferred option because they provide a real traditional feel to the whole experience. However, the reality is also that they are much less efficient and that there is always a fire risk. Electric heaters tend to be more efficient in terms of creating heat, but they also use a whole lot of energy. Furthermore, there is always a worry that the electrical conduits cause a problem such as a short circuit, which could be incredibly dangerous. It is no surprise, therefore, that the infrared sauna is now so popular.